Erin & Ra's chic wedding
I couldn't wait sharing these fantastic photo. Had so much fun shooting this wedding. The album images are just first draft for now but i thought why not share with everyone the whole scope of the images ive capture so far as well as giving Ra & Erin a surprise preview online here.
Ra and Erin were married on their 5th anniversary - 5 April 2015. Their special day was a true representation of them as a couple and their wish of their wedding day feeling like a party was granted with all guests dancing the night away to all their favourite music. Their special day was full of unique touches and it was evident that Ra and Erin poured their hearts and souls into their big day (the very talented groom designed all of their wedding stationary - save the dates, invitations, menus and place cards, 7 things cards, Whanau cards, the list goes on) ... with the bride being walked down the aisle with her Dad and Mum, the exchanging of personal vows at the ceremony, the icecream van that arrive at Cottesloe Civic Centre to provide all guests with treats as they played the giant games (the giant Jenga was hand made by Ra and his Dad Barry), Ra's siblings Kiri and Rhys performing acoustic songs while the bride and groom signed the registry, the involvement of their loved ones in the Celtic hand fastening ceremony, the flash mob bridal entrance that the groom organised as a surprise to his new wife and their guests, the hilarious father daughter dance, the haka performed by family members for the bride and groom, and the most heart warming touching speeches... Incredibly blessed with perfect weather, this is truly a day that will never be forgotten.
Venues: Ceremony - Cottesloe Civic Centre (a very special location for Ra and Erin... where they often go for BBQs and picnic through out the year).
Reception - The Blue Duck (a relaxed yet stunning beach front restaurant - where the pre-dinner drinks and canapes were served on the balcony offering guests first row seats to the most amazing sunset over the beach. The food at The Blue Duck was absolutely incredible and tailored completely to what the bride and groom wanted to serve their special guests, and the service at The Blue Duck was flawless and definitely blew all the guests away)
- Wedding dress - Bridal by Aubrey Rose: the minute Erin tried on the dress, her bridesmaid, Mum and Erin knew it was the one... With it's beachy vibe (the dress is called Coral) and comfortable fit, it was exactly what Erin was looking for. Karen, Rachel and the team made the whole experience so special and they really go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable. Nothing is ever too hard and the excitement and passion you feel from this incredible team is second to none
- Hair - Tenille D'Adamo: Tenille has been Erin's hairdresser for such a long time so there was no one else Erin wanted for her special day. Tenille is an incredibly talented hairdresser, who was able to execute the exact style Erin had in her mind with ease. With her great sense of humour and calming presence, Tenille was so wonderful to have around on the day
- Make-up - Daniella Piscopo - Make-up artist: Daniella is such a beautiful, calm and incredibly talented make-up artist. She makes everyone feel at ease and her make up skills are flawless
- LOVE letters - Prop Haus: the LOVE letters displayed at Cottesloe Civic Centre and on the balcony at The Blue Duck were a funky addition to both venue spaces. Justine from Prop Haus is so friendly and helpful, working with them was a breeze
- Signs - Creatif Designs 4 you: Lauren from Creatif Designs 4 you designed Erin's amazing Hen's invitations so Erin knew she was the perfect person to design the unique seating chart as well as a few other personalised signs for their big day. The quality of Lauren's work is amazing and her style is unique
- Cake and flowers: Sarah, one of the bride and groom's closest friends designed their unique, Maori inspired wedding cake and her Mum, Vivien, designed all of the wedding flowers - the flowers in milk bottles at the ceremony, all the flowers at the reception and the bouquet and button holes. She blew their expectations out of the water and was a pleasure to work with on their special day